Repair Cut (Incomplete) Digit Car Odometer Display
After received an input from a friend (Andre Lukmana), ODOmeter/TRIPmeter display shows incomplete digit is a common problem in Daihatsu Ceria car (alias: Daihatsu Mira, Daihatsu Cuerio, Perodua Kancil). He shared the repair method which is very simple. The cause of this common problem is only an intermittent LCD Display connection.
Tools and Materials Required:
- Short Philips Screwdriver (+) (the longer one is not so useful here)
- Wide slotted tip screwdriver (-)
- A small sheet of paper, or a plastic tape, or anything as a shim.
- Cleaning mop/tissue (A good time to do cleaning while being dismantled J )
1. Open 2 screws underneath top hood of the instrument panel using short philips screwdriver.
2. Pull the plastic hood of the panel (there are hooks on top, bottom, right and left side. Shake while pulling to release the hooks). If it is too difficult to be released, you can help by using thin plastic screwdriver/lever, thus the material will not be scratched.
3. Open 1 front screw and 2 rear screws using short philips screwdriver.
4. Open the instrument panel back cable connector by lifting/rotating the lock. Follow the direction as follows:
5. Open the hooks surrounding front cover using wide slotted tip screwdriver. Take care not to break the hooks. Hooks location is indicated in orange circle:
6. Pull the instrument pointer hand with straight motion upward. Any non straight motion could cause breaking J
7. Open mica cover sheet
8. Release 4 LCD Bracket Hooks with slotted tip screwdriver. If you can not successfully release it, unfortunately you have to dismantle back cover to release the hooks.
If you need to dismantle back cover::
- a. Loosen 4 screws
- b. Release the LCD bracket hooks from back side(PCB side).Be careful not to damage the PCB and any electronic component on it J :]
9. Put a small sheet of paper (a fold of 2 plies), or tape on top of LCD connection rubber, as a shim to secure the connection. It will avoid intermittent/cut character/shaking display.
10. Close back LCD bracket hooks. Take note on “shim” position between LCD and the bracket: must be hidden to be neat.
11. Finish… Close back everything you dismantled (if you forgot, just please scroll up… )
When you put back instrument pointer hand, stack at starting position at the left side (you can refer back to step no. 3 and 6 as reference).
12. Perform testing by turning on the engine before screwing back to dashboard:
If you are satisfied, wipe all the dirts with tissue, a good oportunity while being dismantled J ;]
And while being dismantled too, it is just a perfect occasion if you intend to replace the backlight bulbs with LED to beautify the look;] J (The bulbs are the blue things on above step no. 8. Turn it counter clock wise to open.)
Baru kesampaian memiliki Daihat*u Ceria di 30 Juli 2017. Kondisi 2nd murah-meriah, dengan beberapa PR yang perlu di-optimasi. Kesempatan untuk belajar bertahap, dan mencicil biaya perbaikan pelan-pelan, daripada kredit Mobil Baru melibatkan bank/leasing/rentenir = dosa riba :[ L Wallahu musta’an