I also share this small project in instructables:
This project will inspire you a cheap alternative way to clean your aquarium inner side.
Step 1: Prepare your material and tool
Here is list of materials needed:
- Any hard and long stick, minimum same length as your aquarium depth.
- I recycled paint roller stick for mine
- Dish-washing sponge (usually come with 2 sides: soft and hard).
- price: IDR 2,000 - 8,000 (below $1)
- mini screwdriver to punch the sponge
- cutter/scissors to cut a groove the sponge
Step 2: Prepare the Hole and Groove
- Punch the dish washing sponge using your mini screwdriver, follow the pattern of your stick.
if your stick made from metal, it could be re-shaped by bending it over and around.
2. cut the sponge with your cutter/scissors, also follow the bending pattern of your stick.
Step 3: Assemble Them!
Iinsert your stick tip into the hole you punched, and slip it to the groove you cut as shown